Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Hi all, as per title really.

I installed Yosemite this morning and one of the first things I did was top open Finder to get look at iCloud Drive, but it's been stuck showing "Setting Up" for hours now.

Just me?

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Mine took a little while too. All set up now. I can't remember but I think a restart might have helped.

Doga

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2003
Near Montréal, Canada

I installed Yosemite this morning and one of the first things I did was top open Finder to get look at iCloud Drive, but it's been stuck showing "Setting Up" for hours now.

Just me?

Try signing out of iCloud in the System Preferences > iCloud panel, and then sign back in again. You may have to delete the iCloud account then recreate it in order to sign in again. This solved the constant updating... thing for me, whereas restarting my iMac didn't.

Reactions: movzx and Sanzserif

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
No, you aren't the only one. I installed Yosemite yesterday and it was still saying "Setting up..." even this morning. Really? Anyway...

Didn't work for me:
  • Signed into my iCloud account (have no idea how I was signed out)
  • Rebooted
  • Shutdown/Startup

Seems to have fixed it:
  • Logged completely out of iCloud deleting all the data it was storing on my computer
  • Logged back in and needed to get approval from another device (iPhone).

I no longer have "Setting up..." and iCloud drive seems to be working normally now.

Good luck!

Reactions: Sanzserif

pmicou

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
What worked for me at last was

1) Uncheck 'iCloud' under System Prefs/iCloud
2) Restart Mac
3) Check 'iCloud' under System Prefs/iCloud

Immediate success. I hope this works for others.

tlever

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2017

Just me?
[doublepost=1504992506][/doublepost]No - new IMAC - same thing iCloud set up hangs on sign in screen for hours - only way forward is compete re-boot....

or is it?

Reactions: Sanzserif
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.