Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airattack111

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
I've had this issue on Windows 10 and now Windows 11 and would like to know if there is a way to fix this.

When setting up iCloud (windows store app) it will sync all of my iCloud Photos just fine into the correct folder.

But after my iCloud Drive folder finishes syncing, there's zero files or folders shown in the appropriate folder. The iCloud app at first says "syncing ~1,200 files", it finishes after 30 mins or so and says "up to date", but the actual folder is completely empty.

I have no idea why it's doing this. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling in the past with no luck. Just reinstalled on Windows 11 and same thing - photos sync fine but the drive documents never show up. If I place a test folder/file in the iCloud Drive folder on Windows, it never makes its way to my iCloud in the browser or on iOS. I mainly want this to work for offline documents and the automatic syncing... any help would be appreciated.

DeepAmount4141

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2022
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.
I had previously had the windows app but an update a few months ago made me do the new one. I did do it, and worked great for a while, and I liked the on demand download and in general seemed better.

Then it stopped syncing. Did a uninstall, reinstall etc and now nothing, just blank after signing in.

rfog

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Netherlands
I never made iCloud Drive work reliable in Windows. I had same error than both of you plus dramatic slow sync times for tiny files (weeks) or not sync at all. And Apple wasn't able to find a reason.

Zillion

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
The Netherlands
Same. Can't get the drive to work, zero content. Photos do work. Windows 11

[EDIT] Update.. ah it just takes ages now I see some folders..

Last edited:

shaunvis

macrumors member
May 26, 2009
Illinois
I"m having the same issue. Trying to get my iCloud Drive in Windows.

So just wait it out & it finally appeared?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.