Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
For some weird reason the files I have stored on icloud (pictures and some text files on textedit) are not showing up in the icloud tab when I open preview or the textedit app.

I did a fresh intall this week of Mountain Lion. Previously there were no problems and all my files stored in icloud appeared in preview and textedit.

I even have Yosemite installed on another drive and there my icloud files appear without problems.

I tried deleting my icloud account from preferences and logging in again, but still nothing.

My contacts, calendar events and such do appear without problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
For some weird reason the files I have stored on icloud (pictures and some text files on textedit) are not showing up in the icloud tab when I open preview or the textedit app.

I did a fresh intall this week of Mountain Lion. Previously there were no problems and all my files stored in icloud appeared in preview and textedit.

I even have Yosemite installed on another drive and there my icloud files appear without problems.

I tried deleting my icloud account from preferences and logging in again, but still nothing.

My contacts, calendar events and such do appear without problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!
Have you triggered an update to iCloud Drive on any of your iOS devices or Yosemite Macs? If you have upgraded to iCloud Drive, versions of OS X than 10.10 are unfortunately unable to access the iCloud files anymore.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Have you triggered an update to iCloud Drive on any of your iOS devices or Yosemite Macs? If you have upgraded to iCloud Drive, versions of OS X than 10.10 are unfortunately unable to access the iCloud files anymore.

I tried Yosemite a few weeks ago and then went back to Mountain Lion.

How is it possible I can no longer access my icloud files from within the mountain lion apps? Seems like a really stupid decision from Apple.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
I tried Yosemite a few weeks ago and then went back to Mountain Lion.

How is it possible I can no longer access my icloud files from within the mountain lion apps? Seems like a really stupid decision from Apple.

Not sure why too, as the synced containers are more or less the same. Perhaps it was because of some incompatible backend changes, or they... just want you to upgrade as it's free anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.