Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wv_bka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Houston
Ok guys i need some help. A couple of days ago my wife's iCloud was hacked from somebody in Russia. They managed to lock her her 2014 MacBook Air. After we logged into her iCloud after changing the password we tried to unlock it from there and the unlock button was grayed out. We called apple and they told us to go to the apple store with proof of purchase and they could unlock it. Well after looking thru old emails we managed to find the PayPal receipt from the eBay seller that we purchased it from. When we went to apple they told us that receipt wasn't good enough because the eBay seller isn't a authorized dealer.

But anyways to make a long story short i logged into my wife's iCloud on yesterday and i was able to click on the unlock button to unlock her MacBook air. I was given the unlock code to unlock the mac. Now this is my problem when i turn the mac on to input the code the screen say "Your computer is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes." But when the 60 minutes is up there is no way for me to input the code.

I tried holding the option key on boot up, when the padlock screens comes up i input the code and it attempts to load. After it goes thru that process i goes right back to the lock screen and says "Your computer is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes."

I somebody help please

ab298

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2017
There's a longish thread, with success at the end, here.

and here : simpler ideas include starting in Internet Recovery (Posted: 14/07/17 at 15:14 by stphnlee)

and from 28/11/16 at 11:51 by delbrown, locking it yourself, then unlocking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.