Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattoruu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Hello. Hopefully someone can help me troubleshoot this (and/or tell me that I’m not the only one that it’s happening to):

My iCloud+ ‘Hide My Email’ feature isn’t autogenerating new emails anymore. For example, if I am in the iPad Safari app on a website and I am signing up for a store account, when I click on the ‘email’ field on the account creation page, I am not being given the option to Hide My Email (the ‘generate a new email address with one-click and add that email to the account form‘ option).

My iCloud+ subscription is paid-up and active (the first thing I checked, lol). All of my various Hide My Email email addresses are still working. And I can create new Hide My Email email addresses by going to the iCloud settings. It’s just not generating new emails automatically like it used to.

It’s been like this for two (maybe three) days. I don’t remember changing any settings that might have caused this problem. So… is it just me or is this a problem for anyone else? And if it is just me, does anyone have any idea how I might fix it? I’m looking through various settings, but I didn’t see anything immediately-obvious to enable/disable.

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

mattoruu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Never mind. I got it. Typing out my problem helped me to troubleshoot the issue myself. Somehow my ‘Autofill Contact’ got turned off. I don’t remember turning it off, but I must have somehow (or maybe there was a bug that turned it off by itself, IDK). However it got turned off, I’ll just quickly type out how to re-enable it if it happens to anyone else:

Settings >> Safari >> Autofill >> Use Contact Info (click to enable).

Last edited:
Reactions: timeislove

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Never mind. I got it. Typing out my problem helped me to troubleshoot the issue myself. Somehow my ‘Autofill Contact’ got turned off. I don’t remember turning it off, but I must have somehow (or maybe there was a bug that turned it off by itself, IDK). However it got turned off, I’ll just quickly type out how to re-enable it if it happens to anyone else:

Settings >> Safari >> Autofill >> Use Contact Info (click to enable).
Glad to hear you solved the issues.

Heard that there is a limit on how many relay emails for an iCloud+ user could generate, some said around 100. While not hearing anyone would have experienced the max, it makes sense that Apple would cap the max no of HME for one user.

Do you use HME frequently?

Lately I experienced a serious issue. HME disclosed my real emails addr. It happened when i responded to a reply to my HME.

Reckoned it was becos the sender put CC in her reply to my HME. So, when I replied to ALL, my real email replied to both her primary addr which was relay (hence hidden my real email), and also directly replied to the CC recipients.

Recalled in previous IOS Rev, the cc fields were auto disabled. But in the latest IOS, I am able to even change the cc field.

Do you aware of the above?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.