Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have two HomePods. In iCloud one of them is labeled correctly as “Master Bedroom HomePod” but the other one just says “HomePod”. Have them both labeled in the Home app with their respective locations. The second one should be “Kitchen HomePod.” I know this is a minor issue but I plan on adding more and want to be able to know which is which. Anyone know how to get the name to change in iCloud? Thanks.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The HomePod hasn't pushed its name change yet. I'm not sure what the trigger is for this but its not something that happens very often. For YEARS I would find incorrect device names and version numbers on iCloud.com. Its only a temporary visual glitch that just randomly corrects itself.

While I've had the problem plenty of times on various devices its currently accurate.

I think I read signing out of iCloud on the device and back in will fix it however that can be a real pain depending on the device and in the end you won't really gain anything.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yeah, really trying to avoid the whole iCloud sign out, sign in thing. Thanks for the reply. It’s been almost two weeks and the correct name still hasn’t pushed yet. Little things like that irk me but I will live lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.