Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Hi friends.

Have some problems with a old iMac here... 2007-model, El Capitan.

I can login with my Apple ID ++, but the iCloud-files are NOT synching in Finder.

Really NOT synching.. it doesn't matter if i wait 24 hour on it.

Any quick fix - fixes for this?? :)

Magnar - Norway

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Any ideas on this? Can look like some errors with the file system.. I think File vault is turned on

Falcon16

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
Any ideas on this? Can look like some errors with the file system.. I think File vault is turned on
I'd suggest signing out reboot the machine and sign back in.

The other thing you can try to isolate if it's your user account is create a new user account and then sign in in that account. If it works there contact Apple and ask to speak to a senior advisor.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Already did all that... I ll try turning off File vault now... seems like something is "laggin"

reinstalled 3 times already

Falcon16

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
Already did all that... I ll try turning off File vault now... seems like something is "laggin"

reinstalled 3 times already
Yea turning off file vault probably won't fix it but I've seen stupider things in my time. If you've reinstalled 3 times I'd definitely look at contacting Apple if turning off file fault doesn't fix it.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
But will they answer?

Stupid Apple hehe
[automerge]1589665663[/automerge]
Probably some CHMOD error

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Anyone experienced this before? iCloud seems to NOT sync... My Apple ID login is all perfect

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
OK... It might be that the file system is corrupt or something

I really cant get this to sync... #Operate

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Disconnected and reconnected with my Apple ID. Notes seems to link up all good, but no files yet.. 1 hour after.

Will leave Finder and iDrive open through the night to see if this start synching by tomorrow

(Though: Seems like something is wrong, so I dont have any high hopes on this being synched by tomorrow)

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
OK. Same problem today... DOES not Sync... at all on this old iMac.

I also created a new user account in MacOS, but still doesn't sync on that.

Some kind of weird file problem this..! Any ideas / help? Dont have money for taking it to a Mac Genius now

Magnar

vvapple

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2017
World
Having the Same problem with an iMac 2008 running El Capitan. iCloud Drive is not working at all. Not in Finder and also not in Pages Number Keynote.
Any Suggestions how to get it back working?

LordeOurMother

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2014
If you have a newer MacOS device running a newer operating system, El Capitan's iCloud drive will no longer sync due to the inclusion of the document and desktop folders in newer operating systems.

This also likely applies to newly created iCloud accounts, and perhaps iCloud accounts linked to newer iOSes as well.

This was discussed a few months ago on a forum post in here but the TL;DR is basically there's two types of iCloud account on the backend: El Cap and before, and everything since.

I would suggest using Google File Stream, or Dropbox. The newest version of Google Backup and Sync does not work.

Alternatively, download web2app from the Mac App Store, and create a desktop app with iCloud.com, and you can use iCloud via the website. It will function like a desktop app thanks to web2app, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.