Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
I'm currently having an issue with my iPhone 8 plus not downloading data from iCloud. However, it still can upload data to iCloud. This happened right after upgrading to iOS 12. I noticed during the update, when it asked me to enter my iPhone passcode to access data stored on iCloud it got stuck at that screen for a really long time. I ended up having to wait for it to cancel itself out and then tried it a few more times with no luck. I ended up having to sign out of iCloud and sign back in and then it worked.

But now this iCloud download issue is happening. When I take a picture from my 8 plus, the photo immediately shows up on my XS Max, and my iMac. However, when I take a photo from my Max, it shows up immediately on my iMac but not on my 8 plus. Anybody else run into this issue?

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
I'm not sure how that would effect the 8 plus? But I've done that and still the same issue.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Yes, I've been working with Apple Support. I'm currently waiting on a callback. What I have noticed that this issue most likely was happening before iOS 12. In the past, I've only had my 8 plus and never any other iOS devices until recently. So I'm not sure how long this issue was happening.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Update: After speaking with Apple Support we had come to the conclusion that iOS 12 somehow corrupted the backup. When restoring and setting up as new, no issues. Thankfully when setting up as new, I was able to transfer my data from my XS Max, so I wasn't completely starting from scratch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.