Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snookypants444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2022
A few months ago I had noticed a strange website in my iCloud Keychain labelled as “share2Dlink” and another one called “page.link”. After a few days of conversing with people on Reddit I had just decided to delete the two off my keychain entirely. It wasn’t until today I had noticed they had re appeared in my keychain again. The link in the keychain sends me to a Chinese website, and the email and password are the same email and password I use for a lot of my accounts. They both say the two saved websites were last edited in 2020. I’m really scared of hackers/malwares/viruses so I hope this isn’t anything serious but I know it is very concerning.

Snookypants444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2022
Also to add the password they had saved is very very old and I had made that password when I was very young. Since then I hadn’t used the same password for important accounts since.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
A few months ago I had noticed a strange website in my iCloud Keychain labelled as “share2Dlink” and another one called “page.link”. After a few days of conversing with people on Reddit I had just decided to delete the two off my keychain entirely. It wasn’t until today I had noticed they had re appeared in my keychain again. The link in the keychain sends me to a Chinese website, and the email and password are the same email and password I use for a lot of my accounts. They both say the two saved websites were last edited in 2020. I’m really scared of hackers/malwares/viruses so I hope this isn’t anything serious but I know it is very concerning.
Likely, when you were being redirected you saved that URL instead of the main login URL.

Snookypants444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2022
Likely, when you were being redirected you saved that URL instead of the main login URL.
That would make sense but oddly I’ve never heard about share2dlink until I saw it in my iCloud Keychain. It had just randomly appeared in my keychain out of no where.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
That would make sense but oddly I’ve never heard about share2dlink until I saw it in my iCloud Keychain. It had just randomly appeared in my keychain out of no where.
Those are just intermediate URL. Try going to a website you have an account with, and to to change the password. You'll see it's not the site's direct login URL. So when you save the new password it's associated with that recovery URL.

Snookypants444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2022
Those are just intermediate URL. Try going to a website you have an account with, and to to change the password. You'll see it's not the site's direct login URL. So when you save the new password it's associated with that recovery URL.
Does this mean I don’t have anything to worry about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.