Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Hi,

I'm using the Public Beta 5 of El Capitan and just today (after a fresh installation from USB) tried using my iCloud Keychain - I'm not able to because there "was a problem communicating with iCloud" "Try again" - not entirely in those exact words but I'm unable to use iCloud Keychain. Does anyone else has had this issue happen to them and how did you resolve it?

I'm logged in using my iCloud account too.

Help somehow?

EDIT:
the image below is what I get.

Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 16.36.20.png

Last edited:

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
I have had this crazy issue too. My workaround was very simple. Log out from your iCloud. Then sign in again and enable iCloud KeyChain and request an approval. Once you do that, you need to put in your iCloud password and if the account is being used on a different device, you need to put the password in there to approve your device. In case, it is the lone device, choose the option to use CODE and click on forget code, set a new code up and follow the next steps, should be pretty simple onwards.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I have had this crazy issue too. My workaround was very simple. Log out from your iCloud. Then sign in again and enable iCloud KeyChain and request an approval. Once you do that, you need to put in your iCloud password and if the account is being used on a different device, you need to put the password in there to approve your device. In case, it is the lone device, choose the option to use CODE and click on forget code, set a new code up and follow the next steps, should be pretty simple onwards.

Thanks very much. I have now successfully enable iCloud Keychain.

indiekiduk

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
No don't log out of iCloud because then you will need to redownload a ton of data. Just go to ~/Library/Keychains delete the GUID folders, reboot then it will enable (with authorization from one of your other devices). More detail here.

Reactions: Chrysaor

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
No don't log out of iCloud because then you will need to redownload a ton of data. Just go to ~/Library/Keychains delete the GUID folders, reboot then it will enable (with authorization from one of your other devices). More detail here.

Thanks! This worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.