Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Hey everyone, I've been told there is supposed to be an advanced tab under iCloud Keychain settings. I am on iOS 9.3.2 and I don't see the option on my iPad mini 2 or iPhone 6 Plus. I have logged out and back into both devices and restarted them. What am I missing?

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
You talking a bout this

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 561

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Go to settings iCloud and on the right-hand side go to options on keychain and you will see it see all of the information there
Yeah that's what's so weird. I had the option button on one of my macs now that I've signed out and signed back in I don't see the option button in so x iCloud settings or advanced on iOS

ihasiphone

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Yeah that's what's so weird. I had the option button on one of my macs now that I've signed out and signed back in I don't see the option button in so x iCloud settings or advanced on iOS

Do you happen to have 2 factor authentication enabled?

ihasiphone

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
I was also looking for those settings a few weeks ago. It seems that turning on 2FA removes that advanced setting completely.

Reactions: djn4eva

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
I was also looking for those settings a few weeks ago. It seems that turning on 2FA removes that advanced setting completely.

I just turn 2 fac off through appleid.apple.com and after logging out of iCloud and logging back in on my iPad i was able approve the device on my iPhone or reset the iCloud keychain. After approving it the advanced option appeared! So i guess you can't use 2 fac with it.

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm also having this issue; my iCloud keychain isn't syncing correctly and I have no advanced options. Why in the heck would having 2-factor enabled get rid of these options? It's silly to have to disable 2-factor (and thus reduce the security of your account) in order to fix your iCloud keychain.

Is there any other way to reset your iCloud keychain without turning off 2-factor? This is a bit absurd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.