Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skipper63

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Hi,

when I log into the iCloud web interface, after typing in my Apple ID and password, the next window asks me two security questions, which I answer correctly, but instead of being in the iCloud web interface now, I am asked to type in my password again and then choose a new password and confirm that.

I don't want to change my Apple ID password, I had that ever since I have an Apple ID. I haven't used the iCloud web interface for a while, but I used to just be able to log in without getting all these questions.

My password certainly is not the strongest one, but you will not find that in any dictionary. Could that be the problem, that Apple checks password strength and then prompts you to change it? I have 5 devices registeres with that ID and it would be a pain to change that on all of them.

I tried to Google an answer or soultion, but could not find one. I would appreciate some help.

Thanx

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
That's a question I've never bothered to ask although it's happened to me at least twice in the last couple of years and at least once to a client while I'm doing work for them.

It hasn't happened since I started using two-factor authorization but who knows if that's relevant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.