Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sledneck52

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2019
Philly Area
What the heck is going on with iCloud?!
Every other day I am logging into iCloud on all my devices. Apple TV’s iPhone, iPad. My M1 MacBook Air, iMac. It’s non stop!
Is there some issue with iCloud?
Why do I have to keep re-entering my password?! It’s getting annoying! Anyone else having this issue?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Apple seems to have had some iCloud issues recently, maybe what you’re experiencing is related. I’d reach out to their support team to check.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
What the heck is going on with iCloud?!
Every other day I am logging into iCloud on all my devices. Apple TV’s iPhone, iPad. My M1 MacBook Air, iMac. It’s non stop!
Is there some issue with iCloud?
Why do I have to keep re-entering my password?! It’s getting annoying! Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. My mac is CONSTANTLY prompting me for this and says I need to follow a specific process to get it to stop doing it but it keeps doing it.

The prompt "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again".

When I click continue it says "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again."

I click continue and it says "Enter your password to set up icloud" which seems to be asking for my Apple ID/Password.

Then it says "Enter your Mac password to continue: the password you use to unlock this Mac is used to access your Apple ID, saved passwords, and other data stored in iCloud when you sign in on a new device".

I enter that then I get "enter the passcode you use to unlock the iPhone "aliensporebomb's iPhone":
problem, that phone I don't even own anymore. It's gone and when I did own it, it had an 8 character passcode,
this is asking for a six character code. It's not asking for the unlock code for my current iPhone at all.

So how do I remove this from my records so I can move past this stupidity?

I'm told you can pull up https://appleid.apple.com/ and see all the devices associated with your account.

But, there's no iPhone called "aliensporebomb's iPhone", it's a different name and normally you'd get a 6 character code for two factor authentication on the computer but it never shows up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
I'm not sure if those iCloud passwords are stored in Keychain or not, but you could try turning it off on all devices to see if the problem stops.
... And turn it on again.

i have been through some trouble as well, but that was some good while ago. Like two years or so ago.

Also: is two step verification enabled? May be a stupid question... perhaps it has become mandatory after those years.

Remove iCloud credentials in Sertings, and revert to them?

Even more annoying to me is that I have tons of files on iCloud... and tons of those have doubles that have been created recently. You know: identical files and folders with ‘02’ suffixes... now that is a major PITA, I can tell you! I have not managed to really get fixated on that issue, but I soon will be forced to deal with it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.