Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RLRL

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
On all our earlier iMac's, Mac Book Pro, recently our iCloud email accounts, all of them, will not connect to the IMAP server.

p38-imap.mail.me.com
p44-imap.mail.me.com

There is no way to manually edit the imap server since it is automatically configured with the iCloud internet account setup.

So we can longer receive mail from our iCloud account on Mac Mail on any of our machines.

Apple support was useless.
Why pay for apple care.
This just started, never had a problem before.

What is odd is the smtp logon accepted and connected on all machines.

How do I fix this and reconnect my iCloud email to our machines.

None of the advanced setting seem to make any difference.

Any ideas, help, is welcome.

Thanks
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.19.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.19.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.22.30 AM.png

DragonMac

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
I'm have the SAME issue on 2 different El Cap Macs. v9.3 Mail App. iCloud is fine on website.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
On all our earlier iMac's, Mac Book Pro, recently our iCloud email accounts, all of them, will not connect to the IMAP server.

p38-imap.mail.me.com
p44-imap.mail.me.com

There is no way to manually edit the imap server since it is automatically configured with the iCloud internet account setup.

So we can longer receive mail from our iCloud account on Mac Mail on any of our machines.

Apple support was useless.
Why pay for apple care.
This just started, never had a problem before.

What is odd is the smtp logon accepted and connected on all machines.

How do I fix this and reconnect my iCloud email to our machines.

None of the advanced setting seem to make any difference.

Any ideas, help, is welcome.

Thanks
You might find this recent thread helpful to see others experiencing the same issue:

• Wow
Reactions: Larsvonhier

RLRL

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
Thanks there is no excuse for apple not allowing it's customers to connect their iCloud email on their email app. They can discontinue supports for older OS's but this has nothing to do with email support. You should be able to configure an email iCloud on any Mac Mail app.

Apple continues to hurt their customers.

This really bothers me.

So now all 4 of our older Mac's that still run El Capitan no longer have iCloud email support on their Mac's.

Terrible customer support.

Reactions: Larsvonhier
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.