Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017
I keep getting this popup message: "Finish changing your password. Your password also protects access to data stored in iCloud. To finish click"... when I click, iCloud window opens "iCloud Preferences wants to make changes to your account. Type your password to allow this." I do have dual authentication. I reset two iPads to factory default just prior days, restored only one, the other I left at default until later. All other authenticating devices are left the same. It keeps happening on iOS Laptop running OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6. I never have followed through with these "window" instructions. I exercise caution in all security areas, and my first impression I thought is it is asking me to verify all this but not for me! What would keep this message reappearing? I called Apple last week, they never heard of this, and asked I send an image. The following is an image of what this looks like. Anyone else experiencing this abnormal message from iCloud Preferences? Anyone resolved it? My gut tells me this is a security risk until further information comes in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 08.57.41.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 08.57.41.png
    239 KB · Views: 754

cbssys

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago, at Millenium Park
Hey, Macce, here is the popup I get everytime I login:
Finish Changing your Password.png
and if I click on details, I am taken to the picture you posted is. Problem is that I have tried all suggestions there and none clear the error. If I click on close, it will but the error is back every 5 or 10 minutes. I filed a report and Apple tech called and spent over an hour and could not fix. Then there was a guy in the forums at Apple who says he fixed it. He provided all the steps which included deleting several lines from a library. I was too timid for that. How to fix?
Jim in Chicago

mikedead

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2018
This same thing started happening to me recently. I changed the password weeks ago, still keeps popping up. Getting really annoying. Any help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.