Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I just don't understand. .Mac back in the day [seemed to] work very well. I didn't mind dishing out the $99/year, it offered a lot for that time. With Apple pushing more iCloud dependence, you'd believe this would have ended with the MobileMe fiasco in 2008.

I hope these flakey issues are the result of many changes yet to come (full iCloud Drive use, improved Windows iCloud functionality, etc.).

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
Darn, I was hoping they'd fixed this after MobileMe was discontinued.
I can always tell if someone had used MobileMe or not based on comments like this. If you had ever used MobileMe and now use iCloud mail, you would know that iCloud mail is WORLDS better. Even Gmail has similar problems like this, even though they have many years more experience than Apple does serving massive volumes of email. I would say Apple has done a pretty fine job.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
I can always tell if someone had used MobileMe or not based on comments like this. If you had ever used MobileMe and now use iCloud mail, you would know that iCloud mail is WORLDS better. Even Gmail has similar problems like this, even though they have many years more experience than Apple does serving massive volumes of email. I would say Apple has done a pretty fine job.

I know iCloud is a lot better than MobileMe (I have used both), but it's still not as reliable as it should be. Gmail is more reliable, unless you count the annoying thing where third-party mail clients can't log in for unexplained reasons. AOL has also been more reliable for me. I know their site sucks, but it doesn't matter because I just put the IMAP server into Mail.

----------

I just don't understand. .Mac back in the day [seemed to] work very well. I didn't mind dishing out the $99/year, it offered a lot for that time. With Apple pushing more iCloud dependence, you'd believe this would have ended with the MobileMe fiasco in 2008.

I hope these flakey issues are the result of many changes yet to come (full iCloud Drive use, improved Windows iCloud functionality, etc.).

Eh, a bunch of times when I tried to email my friend with his .Mac address, I got error messages returned.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I know this story was from 2 weeks ago but I've had no iCould email service for the past 2 days, today is July 29. Nothing much is being said about it, is it a wide spread problem?

icarus2006

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2006
iCloud Mail still down for weeks, 3rd Aug

A few weeks ago my iCloud account stopped allowing access to Mail. All other parts work fine and I can login without any problem. But Mail started reporting a problem, and still hasn't been fixed, although this article seems to say it has been.

Where can I report this error?

I've already reported it via Apple Bugs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.