Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmbe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
Hello,

I have around 40 GB of mp3 music files on my Macbook in iTunes.

As I'm also an Apple Music subscriber, I want to have the best of two worlds on my synced iPhone/iPad.

I recently turned on iCloud Music Library on my Mac to have access to all my mp3 music files initially stored onto iTunes app on my Mac across all my devices. When also turning on this feature on my iPhone, some of the mp3 files are being synced to a certain date. This indicates a limit in amount of files to be synced via iCloud Music?

How come I'm not able to access all my mp3 files on my iPhone? The playlists as such are all synced, but shown empty on my Music app in iOS. I have a 200 GB iCloud subscription with around 160 GB free storage left.

Kind regards,

Tim

Mannaerts

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Belgium, Antwerp
I have the same problem that when i add a song through Apple Music to a playlist, it won't sync to my iPhone.
I need to disable iCould Music library and then toggle it back on to refresh my playlists.

Reactions: jawa12083

jawa12083

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
I have the same problem that when i add a song through Apple Music to a playlist, it won't sync to my iPhone.
I need to disable iCould Music library and then toggle it back on to refresh my playlists.

I have the same issue. What you described worked. However, I need to go back the other way too (edit playlist on iPhone and see it update in iTunes). I’ll report back once I get it a shot...

apfelbaum

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2014
Germany
Anyone found a solution for this by now? I have the same problem, I am an Apple Music subscriber and turned iCloud Music Library on to have access to all my local music not available on Apple Music. However when I add some new music manually it almost instantly appears on my iPad but not on my iPhone, as said above I need to turn iCloud Music library off and on again under settings to refresh it.

I tried rebooting the phone and logging out/in my iCloud account and this didn't fix the issue as well. Any other ideas?

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
Hello,

I have around 40 GB of mp3 music files on my Macbook in iTunes.

As I'm also an Apple Music subscriber, I want to have the best of two worlds on my synced iPhone/iPad.

I recently turned on iCloud Music Library on my Mac to have access to all my mp3 music files initially stored onto iTunes app on my Mac across all my devices. When also turning on this feature on my iPhone, some of the mp3 files are being synced to a certain date. This indicates a limit in amount of files to be synced via iCloud Music?

How come I'm not able to access all my mp3 files on my iPhone? The playlists as such are all synced, but shown empty on my Music app in iOS. I have a 200 GB iCloud subscription with around 160 GB free storage left.

Kind regards,

Tim

Apple Music or iTunes Match doesn't use iCloud space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.