Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

/macuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
It seems like Apple does things half baked these days though I am sure they will get it eventually.

Somebody needs to talk to Apple and tell them how things should work.

1) iCloud storage is nice in Finder but it does not sync between Macs let alone devices unless you are using iWork. I saved an excel spreadsheet to my iCloud expecting it to sync but guess what? I am on My Macbook Air at work and no file!
So I log into iCloud.com with safari on yosemite and it takes me to Apple.com. So I use chrome and it takes me to iCloud. But guess what I can't browse my files!

2) Photostream is useless since it does not back up ALL your photos. They fixed that with Yosemite except you can't view them online at iCloud.com either. Seriously?

It seems like even after Yosemite well will still have these problems with iCloud.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
It seems like Apple does things half baked these days though I am sure they will get it eventually.

Somebody needs to talk to Apple and tell them how things should work.

1) iCloud storage is nice in Finder but it does not sync between Macs let alone devices unless you are using iWork. I saved an excel spreadsheet to my iCloud expecting it to sync but guess what? I am on My Macbook Air at work and no file!
So I log into iCloud.com with safari on yosemite and it takes me to Apple.com. So I use chrome and it takes me to iCloud. But guess what I can't browse my files!

2) Photostream is useless since it does not back up ALL your photos. They fixed that with Yosemite except you can't view them online at iCloud.com either. Seriously?

It seems like even after Yosemite well will still have these problems with iCloud.
Not everything is working in the first beta.

1. It will work as expected. Just not in the first beta.
2. We will not get the full NEW PHOTO's App until next year.

iCloud.com is still based on Mavericks. It clear states you can not share files with the iCloud.com Apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.