Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankH0112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
USA
HI! I've recently tried to convert all my photos (155k + many home videos)...taking up around 500GB of Google Photo space.

I downloaded and uploaded all the pictures to iCloud from my MacBook and it seems to work fine except for storage on my iPhone. I have Optimize storage switched on....yet my iPhone keeps filling completely up with photos (and then it seems like apps crash and I get the annoying pop up that memory is full). I check and Photos are taking up 40GB of memory out of the 64

On my iPad, it works well.

I have tried turning off iCloud Photos and turning back on, I've tried completely reseting my iPhone and setting up as new....but the same issue keeps happening. I have spent way too much time on this trying to figure it out.

Anyone else have this issue? Or know if this is just how it's supposed to be? Also I have realized that trying to share all photos with my wife is impossible...which is a bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.