Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steventheapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
Hi,

I'm using an iPad pro 12.9 2nd Gen with iOS 11 beta 4 installed. I just tried out iCloud photo library on my iphone 6 plus (iOS 10) and it seems that all pics and vids were uploaded in the cloud. I made sure the service is activated on my ipad as well so I was hoping to see all the downloaded media in my photos app without success. I have waited for more than 2 hours and nothing downloaded yet, and whenever I open the photos app on my iPad the download icon in the top left corner appears (spinning circle). the download can't take longer than the upload ? and wouldn't the pics download one by one and not all at once at the end?

Tom359

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
Hi,

I'm using an iPad pro 12.9 2nd Gen with iOS 11 beta 4 installed. I just tried out iCloud photo library on my iphone 6 plus (iOS 10) and it seems that all pics and vids were uploaded in the cloud. I made sure the service is activated on my ipad as well so I was hoping to see all the downloaded media in my photos app without success. I have waited for more than 2 hours and nothing downloaded yet, and whenever I open the photos app on my iPad the download icon in the top left corner appears (spinning circle). the download can't take longer than the upload ? and wouldn't the pics download one by one and not all at once at the end?

Ever since Beta 3, my 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9 has stopped downloading anything from iCloud. If I save a file to the camera roll, it populates on my Mac and iPhone, but the transfer is only one way. If I add anything to my phone or Mac, they do not show up on my iPad. I submitted a feedback, but have had no response.

steventheapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
Ever since Beta 3, my 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9 has stopped downloading anything from iCloud. If I save a file to the camera roll, it populates on my Mac and iPhone, but the transfer is only one way. If I add anything to my phone or Mac, they do not show up on my iPad. I submitted a feedback, but have had no response.
I see, I have continued reading only that a few were complaining about it. I even had the issue with iOS 11 beta 1 and just updated to version 4 today hoping that it got fixed but I guess we have to wait for another update or the final stable version

Tom359

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
I see, I have continued reading only that a few were complaining about it. I even had the issue with iOS 11 beta 1 and just updated to version 4 today hoping that it got fixed but I guess we have to wait for another update or the final stable version

I went so far as to do a complete clean install. iCloud syncing worked for about 2 days, then stopped downloading to ipad again.

jaknudsen

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2005
Oslo, Norway
I'm having the same problem with my iPhone. Every photo I take with the iPhone is uploaded to iCloud, but no photos or changes (edits, deleting) are downloaded back to the phone. I'm on the newest public beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.