Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jony Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I noticed a strange issue with iCloud Photo Memories. Every day for the last week or so, the same 3 memories will get generated on my iPhone, and then they seem to disappear / self delete on their own.

I have three existing memories and they did sync to my Mac correctly. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix?

Jony Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I tried a few different things on this.

1.) I turned off iCloud photos and re-enabled and nothing improved
2.) I tried the reset suggestions options in the photos apps and nothing happened
3.) As a last ditch effort I thought something was wonky on either my iPhone or Mac. So I wiped both, reset them back up. The same memories appear and instantly delete upon viewing them. This started after iOS 15 and is very frustrating.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jony Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I think I addressed my issue (knock on wood)

I started to believe the issue was definitely with me as I found no other articles pointing to this. Two days ago I exported the original photos from my Mac to a folder. I then signed into iCloud via the browser, and deleted the images from there including the trash. I left things sync over night.

Yesterday I confirmed my iPhone was empty, and I actually deleted the photo library on my Mac and created a new one. I then re-imported all my images again and noticed within a couple of hours things had been back to normal.

I also confirmed today things seem resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.