Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
Hi all, is there a way/app/service to see/sort my Photos library by file size? I know my kiddos have gotten a hold of my phone over the years and made 4k videos, but I can’t remember the dates.

I could search one by one thru the days of the year, but that is cumbersome. (I know it’s the last resort.) I’d love to get my (and my wife’s) Photos library cleaned up a little before “shared library” launches.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

ZilzilaStriken

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2021
For videos, you can go to Settings > General > iPhone storage > Photos > review personal Videos and it will show your videos in descending order. For photos, I think you may have to use a third party app, but not sure.

Reactions: zach-coleman

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2020
It's weird. I've read on the web the same steps you mentioned, but I don't see "review personal videos" on either my iPad or iPhone. Could it be because I have "Optimize Storage" on with Photos, so most of my library isn't actually on the device?

CavemanMike

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
ME TOO!!! #HELP. My 2TB icloud is full. How can I sort videos by size on icloud to delete them and free up space?

Reactions: ToddJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.