Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
I upgrade to iCloud 2tb for the first time and I'm trying to upload all my vacation photos and whenever I select a huge amount to upload it show "photos has stopped responding" Or some sort of problem check back in an hour.
Whats the reason for this?

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
There could be any number of reasons why syncing data to iCloud could pause or take a very long time.
Do you know why I can't upload videos to my cloud and only photos? My videos are in MOV file and they were recorded from iPhone's

jaknudsen

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2005
Oslo, Norway
[…] whenever I select a huge amount to upload it show "photos has stopped responding"

How do you "select photos for upload"? Everything is supposed to be upload automatically. Are the photos located in the Photos app?

Do you know why I can't upload videos to my cloud and only photos? My videos are in MOV file and they were recorded from iPhone's
Are the videos inside the Photos app?

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
How do you "select photos for upload"? Everything is supposed to be upload automatically. Are the photos located in the Photos app?

Are the videos inside the Photos app?
All the photos are stored on an external hard drive, I connected the external hard drive to my MacBook went on the iCloud website, and started dragging photos and it worked fine but for some reason, I'm not allowed to drag videos into an album and all the videos over the years were recorded from previous iPhones.

jaknudsen

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2005
Oslo, Norway
All the photos are stored on an external hard drive, I connected the external hard drive to my MacBook went on the iCloud website, and started dragging photos and it worked fine but for some reason, I'm not allowed to drag videos into an album and all the videos over the years were recorded from previous iPhones.
iCloud Photo Library only works for photos and videos that are imported into the Photos app on your Mac.

Reactions: JonnyMacx86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.