Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maternidad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2021
I'm concerned as to whether iCloud Private Relay is working right now. I am not able to browse any websites with it enabled. I can browse the internet normally with it disabled. Please help!

maternidad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2021
How reliable is the System Status website? Has it never, ever, ever been inaccurate? Sorry if the answer's obvious. I sincerely do not know.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
How reliable is the System Status website? Has it never, ever, ever been inaccurate? Sorry if the answer's obvious. I sincerely do not know.
Obviously sometimes it can be a little delayed since it takes time for user issues to trickle in and Apple to investigate then determine if it's a reportable issue. If you've had the issue for say like an hour and the status isn't updated then it might be something on your end.

fanboy-ish

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2022
It's still in beta and I think it's good it's still in beta, it's been a hit or miss for me, sometimes Private Relay actually makes websites load faster, sometimes websites, when PR is on, can't fully load.

It hasn't been working particularly well for me in the last couple of days (Europe) and had to disable it.

kaardowiq

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2018
Zürich, Switzerland
For me, it’s activated since the first beta version… never thought about it anymore, sometimes there‘re just pop ups that it can’t connect when connected to a portal WiFi hotspot (sure, the portal blocks it). Except of this, it works very well for me in Europe.

maternidad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2021
I continue to have this problem intermittently. Sometimes websites will take a very long time to load. Sometimes they will show a banner saying that I am not connected to the internet. This is immediately fixed after Private Relay is disabled, and never occurs on other browsers.

MikeA@TO

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2015
I continue to have this problem intermittently. Sometimes websites will take a very long time to load. Sometimes they will show a banner saying that I am not connected to the internet. This is immediately fixed after Private Relay is disabled, and never occurs on other browsers.
It was slow (under 2 Mbps, sometimes under 100 Kbps) for me on Wednesday and Thursday, so I turned it off. Turned iCloud Relay back on this afternoon when I was getting normal speeds of 25 Mbps.

I just turned it off again when it slowed to a crawl and then seemed to stop at 0 Kbps for one speed test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.