Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I just upgraded to the iCloud 50GB plan for my iPad.
1. How can I check to be certain that the Cloud is working?
2. When do stuff begin to upload to the Cloud?
3. Is it possible to use one plan for diff users? Cut it in segments to use it differently for each user?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If you look on your phone under iCloud and it shows 50GB of storage, it has read your update and is working.

You can manually upload items any time you want. Otherwise, the phone uploads when it is connected to power and Wifi (for backup etc.)

I think you need the Family sharing plan ( I believe it is the 200GB size) to do what you are asking about.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
iCloud can be controlled on their website, on any apple device and on system presences in OSX
you can select all photos, files and even music or only folders, certain folders in photos and files through these platforms. most 50GB upgrade users accidentally upload everything which can get congested and run over 50gb.
What most apple iCloud users do is ad photos, then certain files, then what every the 50GB can take.
iCloud also syncs pages, number and keynote files and folders, or you can manage that as well.
hope this helped!

something different, or opposite
this weeks project is to get rid of the 50GB data option and iCloud all together.
the video and photos takes over 12 hours to upload and the file management is embarrassing.
any suggestions or past experiences would help-
thank you in advance!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
thanks but i dont quite get the msg you are stating

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.