Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I recently experienced the following:
* iCloud photos syncing ok with ~108GB space used of 200GB iCloud storage plan
* logged iPhone out/in to iCloud
* not enough free space in iCloud to reenable iCloud Photos

To explain, upon attempting to re-enable syncing photos with iCloud, a message appeared indicating that I did not have enough free space in iCloud to sync my photos (so blocked from re-enabling). Basically the space photos already synced to iCloud and the space that the same photos on my iPhone took were counted separately. During the syncing process, this would work itself out, but upfront it does not know this so there's recommendation to upgrade the iCloud plan, which in this case would have meant spending an extra 7 euros per month for a 2TB storage plan.

I ended up going through my photos to delete enough to be able to re-enable syncing again. Does anyone know of a more elegant solution? Please advise. From the 200GB plan, there's a big leap in cost and space to go to the next level.

Last edited:

macrem

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Hi rmhop81, Safari's iCloud Tabs stopped working for me & this was one of the recommendations I read might help to get it working again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.