Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Getting a notification that iCloud storage is almost full. In the Settings app under iCloud it shows that Backups is using 4.3 GB even though I have set device backups to off and when I click on Backups to delete it from iCloud, it shows 0KB and nothing to delete. So what's taking up space on iCloud? Could it be an error on Apple iCloud falsely reporting that it's full?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
iCloud also backs up photos (unless you turn it off) and any photos inside the Messages app (unless you turn that off too).

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
It's showing iCloud storage is full in the Settings app on the iPhone and asking me to upgrade to iCLoud+
Here are the screenshots Settings app showing iCLoud Backups is taking up 4.3 GB (even though I have set backups to off)

IMG-7615.jpg

and when I go to delete backups, it's showing 0KB nothing to delete there.
IMG-7616.jpg

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Anyone else’s iCloud manage account storage glitching out right now ?

I click it and it spins then returns to the arrow then loads only 1/10th the items in my iCloud taking storage. Backups working tho.

Edit: Of course after doing this all morning it started working just now.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Anyone else’s iCloud manage account storage glitching out right now ?

I click it and it spins then returns to the arrow then loads only 1/10th the items in my iCloud taking storage. Backups working tho.

Edit: Of course after doing this all morning it started working just now.
Nope…mine's just fine.

2023-06-04 13.44.37.png 2023-06-04 13.44.56.png

Reactions: BigMcGuire

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
After syncing iPhone to the computer, then to iCloud, this error still persisted with the notification showing up everyday to upgrade to iCloud+. So, I called up Apple support and they reset the iCloud storage reporting from the server-side which resolved the issue. Apparently this seems to be a wide-spread issue and known to Apple support.
Wonder why Apple didn't fix the issue for all affected users if incorrect iCloud storage reporting was known to them or were they hoping for someone to just upgrade.

In any case, just wanted to share the resolution here since it could be helpful for others.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.