Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GooseInTheCaboose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
I have been on the 2TB plan for almost a decade now, but this year for the first time I see the potential of running out of space on the horizon.

My drone video hobby and expanding interest in photography is primarily responsible for this.

In any case, are there any rumors about (or other reasons to believe in the possibility of) Apple releasing iCloud plans greater than 2TB? Of perhaps upgrading the 2TB plans to a greater capacity?

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I am not aware of any plan to expand the iCloud storage plans, but I agree that they should bump everything up. There is a way to get up to 4 TB of iCloud storage. If you take the Apple One Premier plan (assuming it is offered in your country), you can add on another standalone iCloud subscription (link).

You can do any mix of the Apple one plans and the standalone iCloud plans (e.g. take 2TB separately in addition to the 200 GB offered with the Apple one family plan, etc.). But you’ll need the premier plan if you want 4 TB

Now, I know that you have to pay a lot for that, especially if you don’t use other Apple services. But AFAIK this is the only way to get over 2TB on the same Apple ID

Last edited:
Reactions: compwiz1202

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
My wife got into professional level photography and that's what we did. Got her an external SSD for a second photo library not attached to iCloud, then she does her work on that, then copies the ones she wants to share to her iCloud library.

My family plan is at 715GB right now and growing exponentially. IMO, Apple has far too much $ to make off of people buying extra space on top of their Apple One subs to increase the storage capacity, sadly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.