Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatSomeone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
Here, where else?
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I got a new iPad Pro 9.7" and restored it as usual from my iCloud backup. However, when I view my iCloud settings, the picture representing my iCloud account is an old one? I updated the picture 2 days ago and it successfully updated on all my devices including my old Air. But after restoring from that backup, it won't update? I tried changing it tonight aswell but no change.. I already tried rebooting 2 times(One when installing 9.3.1), making the first backup and letting it sit for 24 hours.. Is there any way to test if iCloud even sync correctly? I just noticed as I was writing this post that it doesn't even seem to show up in iCloud Tabs nor sync the browser history to my other devices.. Although it shows my other devices open tabs?

Does anyone recognize this behavior? I'm thankful for any suggestions!

Small update: Contacts seems to sync correctly.. But nothing else I stated above.

Update #2: After disabling Gmail contacts(Which I accidentally enabled during the restore), the picture is updated.. However Tabs and history still doesn't seems to work..

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.