Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
I've been experiencing a frustrating problem with iCloud Safari tab syncing over the past year or so. In the past, I was able to have a Safari tab open on my iPhone, go to my iMac, and open the same tab, without having to bookmark it first on my iPhone. Now, post-High Sierra, I've lost that ability. It's not an iCloud problem, per se, because iCloud Notes works perfectly, as does Safari bookmarks, and contacts.

I've logged out and back into iCloud on both devices, multiple times.

My fear for this is that I'm not going to be able to get that ability back again. I have a suspicion that it's going to be an incompatibility between HIgh Sierra and iOS10.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Even better, has anyone found a solution?

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
I'm experiencing it with El Capitan, and had it with Yosemite before that. Pretty sure I've done the ol' "logout, login" thing and "turn both off, restart, turn back on" already. I'm not sure it has much to do with versions on devices at this point.

I was looking at this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7853342

I've tried deleting the cache file. I have not tried deleting the plist file yet. No success yet, either.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I'm experiencing it with El Capitan, and had it with Yosemite before that. Pretty sure I've done the ol' "logout, login" thing and "turn both off, restart, turn back on" already. I'm not sure it has much to do with versions on devices at this point.

I was looking at this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7853342.

In may, I reinstalled elcapitan from high Sierra and had iCloud issues.
I gave up troubleshooting the issue after 2 weeks of trying to get iCloud to even show my iCloud files. then the Mac mini suddenly stopped receiving airdrop last week, with all the turning on turning off everything - remote log in was turned off in file sharing on the mini.

so maybe check everything again in system preferences, but don’t go too crazy.
Elcapitan in 2018 somehow is fickle with iCloud, even “pages” will not save on multiple devices anymore.
Either Apple did something or we cannot use that iCloud in an older OSX anymore.

Personally, I would like to save a drawing on the iPad, and iCloud that file to the 2010 MacBook Air like I did in high Sierra, but not at the expense of having the MacBook Air looking and running retarded with high Sierra.

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
In may, I reinstalled elcapitan from high Sierra and had iCloud issues.
I gave up troubleshooting the issue after 2 weeks of trying to get iCloud to even show my iCloud files. then the Mac mini suddenly stopped receiving airdrop last week, with all the turning on turning off everything - remote log in was turned off in file sharing on the mini.

so maybe check everything again in system preferences, but don’t go too crazy.
Elcapitan in 2018 somehow is fickle with iCloud, even “pages” will not save on multiple devices anymore.
Either Apple did something or we cannot use that iCloud in an older OSX anymore.

Personally, I would like to save a drawing on the iPad, and iCloud that file to the 2010 MacBook Air like I did in high Sierra, but not at the expense of having the MacBook Air looking and running retarded with high Sierra.
Thaaat's a lot more than just having mobile Safari tabs not show up on the MacBook, but thanks for the remote log in tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.