Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AuburnTiger

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Hello, all. I'd like to discuss some things and maybe ask for advice.

I would love to get an Apple II like I had in elementary school. I don't know for sure which version I had, but I think I'd be happy with any of them. (A side question: Was Oregon Trail availabe for these, or am I remembering an IBM game?)

Where would I go about looking for one, and what can I expect to pay? I'd like to have the whole set up, along with a few games or software programs (do those huge floppies survive this long?!). Please let me know what you think is best, I'm not familiar with buying older computers.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
AuburnTiger said:
Hello, all. I'd like to discuss some things and maybe ask for advice.

I would love to get an Apple II like I had in elementary school. I don't know for sure which version I had, but I think I'd be happy with any of them. (A side question: Was Oregon Trail availabe for these, or am I remembering an IBM game?)

Where would I go about looking for one, and what can I expect to pay? I'd like to have the whole set up, along with a few games or software programs (do those huge floppies survive this long?!). Please let me know what you think is best, I'm not familiar with buying older computers.

I also played Oregon Trail in Elementary School and I'm almost positive it was on an Apple. Not sure if it was an old Mac or a II, though.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
I used to play oregon trail.. I used to have it on a Macintosh IICI... I think it was designed for macintosh , not Apple II....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.