Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2017

1691049974023.png

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2017
I'm guessing M2 15" MBA had some, but minimal impact on Q2 because it was released on June 13th and Q2 ends in June.

My guess is that the discounts Apple Silicon laptops had a major effect on sales. There were some fairly large discounts for all models, especially M1-era models in Q2.

Last edited:

IncreasinglyFrustrated

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2020
Companies and consumers are still switching, plenty of room for growth remains.

A client of mine transitioned 55 office staff to Mac in Q2. (I do contract app development for this group, but they know I'm such a Mac nerd that their IT folks now bug me with Apple support questions.) Their office manager managed to work out a solid discount on a bunch of M2 refurbs, which I thought was a brilliant move. In an office of 60 attorneys & support staff, only 5 opted to remain on Windows; (3 of whom are the old school IT neckbeards I interact with).

When they made the announcement, it prompted me to take a look at the refurb store, which led to the purchase of an M2 Air 24GB refurb & an M1 Pro 16" base model refurb; (the latter was a Mother's Day gift, remember to honor your mothers!). I also linked a DevOps buddy to the Air, who immediately bought 2 plus an M2 Mini refurb.

Likewise, another larger client I work with has plans to phase out close to 10,000 i5 13" MBPs when the M3s launch; (as a user of one of those i5s, Apple needs to get cracking).

TL/DR: I'm a hermit nerd and my circle of contacts is extremely small, and I personally know of 60 sales Apple landed in Q2 and another 10k in the pipeline. Now's as good of time as any to be a stock holder.

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2017
Companies and consumers are still switching, plenty of room for growth remains.
I just saw this Apple ad on Reddit for IT managers. It clearly shows that Apple is getting aggressive penetrating the business and enterprise world with Macs. Those companies already deploy iPhones and iPads. It makes sense that they would also deploy Macs if given a decent option.

I see a lot of potential for growth in enterprises for Macs.

Where I live, Silicon Valley, Macs are already the default option for most tech company employees.

IMG_0102.jpeg

Last edited:

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I'm guessing M2 15" MBA had some, but minimal impact on Q2 because it was released on June 13th and Q2 ends in June.

My guess is that the discounts Apple Silicon laptops had a major effect on sales. There were some fairly large discounts for all models, especially M1-era models in Q2.

The back to school promotions started in either late May or early June, and I'm sure that accounted for part of the increase, most likely because Apple was shipping increased quantities to handle anticipated demand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.