Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juan Andrés

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2016
España
1. Make the widgets and notifications more transparent and less White, just like iOS 9.

2. Make the font smaller in Apple Music.

mattoligy

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2010
Cloud 9
Just a few tidbits that would clean up the experience in my opinion...
  • AirDrop, AirPlay, NightMode and Flashlight refashioned into toggles in Control Center to save space
  • Multiple rows of user customisable toggles in Control Center (Main Page)
  • Removal of Quick Launch apps row in Control Center main page (Replaced by a Siri Suggested apps page)
  • Edit button bellow widgets in today view refashioned back to a rectangular shape
  • Spotlight view removed from home screen via a swipe down (redundant based on access via today view)

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
You can send feedback to Apple but I do it any major changes will happen and even minor ones might not have anything to do with feedback. The betas are for developers to test their apps and to squash bugs, not for the general public to be UI designers.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Make control center back to what it was. Why on earth is night shift taking up so much space and why are music controls a swipe to the right? Almost all of my CC usage is quick access to music controls, why would they make it an extra step now?

Also everything in iOS 10 is YUGE like they took everyone's criticism about text and tap targets being too small and just went crazy making everything large. It looks garish.

Reactions: Iphone5preorder

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
People, dark mode isn't coming! Im sorry but its not happening. We won't see a dark mode until an iPhone has an OLED display at the earliest. Additionally, besides at night, when would a dark mode be useful? Others on MacRumors have made the point that using dark mode outside will make things even more difficult to see. Clearly I don't get the obsession with the need for it.

XeroAllusion

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2013
Notifications and widgets need to be smaller and need to have an edge to edge design rather than this Apple Watch rounded corner look. Control center needs to be customizable, and it's look should stay the same, the new one wastes space at the edges and ruins the beauty of the previous one. The 3D Touch animations for notifications need to be more like the ones we've had for peek and pop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.