Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fxmq

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Today my iPad Mini (Wifi) got stucked on Apple logo after I restored it. I had Jailbreak and was on ios 9.0.2. After searching how fix it I saw some tutorials for recovering via iTunes holding the home button with the device turned off until the iTunes logo appears, but this will upgrade my device to iOS 9.2 making impossible for now to rejailbreak it... I saw some youtube videos from people using semirestore but it only works for devices from iOS 5.0 to 8.4. Can anyone help me?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If you did an Erase All Contents and Settings from your device then you have already lost your jailbreak.

You will need to restore. Put the device in DFU mode after connecting to iTunes and upgrade and restore.

Erase All Contents and Settings is a big no-no on jailbroken devices. It alters the boot files and makes a device unbootable. A restore is your only option.

Semi-restore hasn't worked for some time and Cydia Impactor isn't really working for iOS 9 either. But in both cases you'd need to use those on a jailbroken device that is properly running. You can use them on a device that is stuck in a half boot state because the device won't even boot.

Reactions: Fxmq and StarkCity

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
If you attempted restore or 'reset' the device in settings, you're out of luck..... The only way to get the device to work again is plug it into a PC and restore it to 9.2 You can't restore to any version of iTunes not being signed by Apple. The methods involving impactor or semi-restore require the device to be up and running, which yours isn't. I'm pretty sure you're out of luck

Reactions: eyoungren and Fxmq

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
If you did an Erase All Contents and Settings from your device then you have already lost your jailbreak.

You will need to restore. Put the device in DFU mode after connecting to iTunes and upgrade and restore.

Erase All Contents and Settings is a big no-no on jailbroken devices. It alters the boot files and makes a device unbootable. A restore is your only option.

Semi-restore hasn't worked for some time and Cydia Impactor isn't really working for iOS 9 either. But in both cases you'd need to use those on a jailbroken device that is properly running. You can use them on a device that is stuck in a half boot state because the device won't even boot.

We were typing this at the same time lol.....

Reactions: Fxmq and eyoungren

Fxmq

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
So I made a big mistake, my device was pretty slow the reason I restored it, but I didn't know about Erasing all Contents. My only option is wait for the 9.2 jailbreak. Thank's for the reply guys!

Reactions: eyoungren

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011

If I had a pound for every time you have said that I could buy a weeks worth of JD and probably have enough left over to buy the small bottle of Coke to go with it.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If I had a pound for every time you have said that I could buy a weeks worth of JD and probably have enough left over to buy the small bottle of Coke to go with it.
Same here.

For some reason I keep having to say it. It's been this way since iOS 7 and there still seems to be a long line of people who haven't yet heard it! :(

Reactions: Will22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.