Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rico Muerte

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Just wondering if someone could point me towards a real simple "idiot's guide" (if such a thing exists?) to setting up Open Core?

I have a 5,1 cMP on Mojave with an RX480 & I want to be able to dual boot into Windows.

From what I've seen so far it doesnt seem "too" complicated, but I always get nervous doing stuff in terminal...

Cheers

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
If all you want is just dual boot Windows, you don't need any boot manager. You can just select the next boot drive in system preferences. Or use something like Bootchime.

If you want to see the boot option, the most likely RefindPlus fits you better.

If you use OpenCore, you can't only boot UEFI Windows. But in general, your existing Windows should be legacy Windows.

Rico Muerte

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2020
Sydney, Australia
If all you want is just dual boot Windows, you don't need any boot manager. You can just select the next boot drive in system preferences. Or use something like Bootchime.

If you want to see the boot option, the most likely RefindPlus fits you better.

If you use OpenCore, you can't only boot UEFI Windows. But in general, your existing Windows should be legacy Windows.
My GPU is not flashed for Mac & I want to be able to boot either into Mac OS or Windows (for gaming).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.