Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scab Cake

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2001
Besides the fact that Apple is supposed to release it this month? No. :)

But, I really want it. Keep your eyes open for October 31 at about 11:00 P.M. for them to make the announcement. Heh. Leave it to Apple to BARELY make the deadline. It'll probably be like the 10.1 release at the VERY end of the month.

Scab Cake

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2001
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

iDVD 2 is FINALLY out. And, of course, Apple isn't letting people download it yet. On their page yesterday it said that the downloadable version wouldn't have the tutorials or themes, but there's no downloadable version. Good Lord, I want this program so badly. I even borrowed my friend's laserdisc player so I can transfer some of my favorite laserdiscs to DVD (via my Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge). Where's the download, Apple??!?!?!

I'm going to call the Apple Store at 10, when they open, to see if they have any copies.

Scab Cake

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2001
I just called the Apple Store and they said that they didn't even know that iDVD 2 was out today!! :) They said that sometimes Apple keeps them as much in the dark as they do with the consumers. But, of course, being the nice people that they are, they called Apple and found out that the iDVD box isn't going to be available through the retail store. You can only order it online or wait for the downloadable version. They said that the downloadable version SHOULD be out soon, but you never know with Apple. So, there's the update and I am a sad/happy boy. Also, the DVD that iDVD ships on comes with over a gig of samples, tutorials, motion menus, and themes. Pretty cool. I wonder if the motion menus account for space taken on the DVD.

Ant

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
lol apple DOES keep their employees in the dark almost as much as the public. just as well, even if they know something they cannot tell you. i deal with this everyday at work and it is hilarious. deer in headlights "i dont know" HAHAHA its so good. they cant even answer yes or no unless its something that has already been stated by the company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.