Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Easy Rider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
A 23 inch LCD seems like such a waste if you can't use it as a TV too.

The Dell 24 inch is known for it's orgy of inputs:

D-SUB (VGA), DVI-D, S-Video, component, and composite.

It would be nice to have an iMac that I can use as a TV for all my video game consoles.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Dont Hurt Me said:
True, Apple is pissing all over itself not having a Tv option. They cost near nothing.

Yeah they should really cut that out, I mean they don't want to get all that money they're making wet... :rolleyes:

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
If this is true and there will come a 23" iMac, then I'll be replacing my TV! Unfortunately I just ordered a 23" ACD for my G5, so the moneywell is a bit low... So many wishes...

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
The question really is if you want 12 ports extra on the back of you elegant designed iMac or the extra connectivity.

I think 98% of the market won't use the extra connectability either way.

I fail to see why it's a plus (especially on the Dell) if you don't use it.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
DeSnousa said:
I would say that HDMI is very unlikely because if the Cinema Display does not have it then the consumer Mac want.

True, but there are rumors and time for new ACD's.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
It won't, and it shouldn't. A computer is a computer. Leave it to do what it's meant to do. Don't try to make something all in one.

Fedge

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2006
Spanky Deluxe said:
The ACDs were updated when the Mac Pro was released just a couple of weeks ago.

Not really an update, just a price drop. But I'm not complaining . . .

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Pressure said:
The question really is if you want 12 ports extra on the back of you elegant designed iMac or the extra connectivity.

I think 98% of the market won't use the extra connectability either way.

I fail to see why it's a plus (especially on the Dell) if you don't use it.

I wouldn't mind a small breakout box for media inputs with a single connector like the ACDs do (only with power, DVI, and firewire).

Almost like Asteroid with coax, RCA/S-Video, Component, and maybe DVI/HDMI. They could sell it as an addon for $100 and make a killing.

brandon6684

Dec 30, 2002
I don't see them coming with and HDMI port. I think we're just luck they have external video ports at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.