Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
If car keys were to tap or hit my iPhone screen would it crack the screen since iPhone screens are easily cracked, and would I easily and definitely notice it if there was any cracks?

If I was walking close to someone and they had their keys in their hand or dangling on their belt and the keys was to hit or touch my iPhone screen would it crack the screen and would I easily and definitely notice any cracks in the screen glass?
Trying to envision how the dangling keys would actually happen. You would have to be carrying your phone screen out at waist level and, in these days of social distancing, get close enough to someone who has keys dangling from their belt or hand? Doesn't seem like a common occurrence.

A more common occurrence is to put your phone in a pocket with keys and grit. I've done both and have never had an issue. My xs max (in an apple silicon case) also fell off a window about 4.5 up and hit a wood floor without any damage.

YMMV with all of this and make sure you have AppleCare on your phones.

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
If car keys were to tap or hit my iPhone screen would it crack the screen since iPhone screens are easily cracked, and would I easily and definitely notice it if there was any cracks?
Your iPhone not only will scratch, but it will self-destruct within 10 seconds so if that happens run as far as you can. S/

Zazoh

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Do NOT walk the streets with your phone out. If you need to make a call use hands free headset and keep phone in your pocket. Or, pull aside and sit on a bench to finish your use. As you walk around it is important to pay attention to your surroundings, watch the birds, and smile at those you encounter.

life is short my friend. Experience it!

Reactions: retta283 and ericwn

RedGT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2014
London innit
What’s sort of keys did you own....?
0C916C3D-7200-41BD-85AB-B295E7C86A96.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.