Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
just wondering, if I enroll IUP with an iPhone 8, and return it immediately, can I use that enrollment towards iPhone X?

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
just wondering, if I enroll IUP with an iPhone 8, and return it immediately, can I use that enrollment towards iPhone X?
The minute you return the iP8 for a refund, you are no longer in the AiUP and have to start new

What is the point in doing this anyhow?

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
The minute you return the iP8 for a refund, you are no longer in the AiUP and have to start new

What is the point in doing this anyhow?

the point is, that I don't want a 'refund', rather just a 'rest' of my IUP. I was just curious if we can just tell apple 'hey, don't refund me, since you pulled my credit history and approved credit to me, I'm just gonna use it to my new iphone'. there we can pre-enroll IUP now.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
the point is, that I don't want a 'refund'
If you return, you get a refund. That's how returns work.
[doublepost=1508818554][/doublepost]
just a 'rest' of my IUP.
There's no such thing as a "rest", lol! You just made that up.

You are in the AiUP as long as you make the monthly payment. If you return, the loan is canceled and the sales tax you paid refunded. Once you have finished all 24 payments, you also are no longer in the AiUP.
[doublepost=1508818637][/doublepost]
there we can pre-enroll IUP now.
Do you have an existing AiUP loan? If not and you get an iP8 by starting a new AiUP, you can't order the iPX until the iP8 has had 12 payments.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.