Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

99MustangGTman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Germantown MD/ Columbus OH
I know this has probably been asked already, but i'm not too familiar with it as I don't use Apple Pay too often, although I have it all set up and linked to my bank account and a few cards linked. I have one bank account that I want to prevent from over drafting and i've already sent funds from my Robinhood account by selling a few shares of stocks that weren't moving. Anyways, this process is tenuous as you have to wait for the market to open, then the shares can officially be executed, then you need to transfer them to your bank account. Sometimes this is really fast and takes 1 business day, sometimes, even during trading hours, it takes 2-3 days. Anyways I have some money in my Amazon account and can buy a digital Apple gift card.

I am wondering if I can buy this Apple gift card, add it to my Apple Pay/Cash on my phone and just transfer it to my bank account?

To those wondering, I can't just transfer from my savings to checking, as there is no savings in this account, as I strictly use this to fund my stock accounts or get a ROI, if there is one to be had, and the dividends go here. My other bank account is set-up for direct deposit for work, IRA or whatever it is, and all that complicated stuff I don't really understand, but probably should at my age (33). Thanks for the help.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I know this has probably been asked already, but i'm not too familiar with it as I don't use Apple Pay too often, although I have it all set up and linked to my bank account and a few cards linked. I have one bank account that I want to prevent from over drafting and i've already sent funds from my Robinhood account by selling a few shares of stocks that weren't moving. Anyways, this process is tenuous as you have to wait for the market to open, then the shares can officially be executed, then you need to transfer them to your bank account. Sometimes this is really fast and takes 1 business day, sometimes, even during trading hours, it takes 2-3 days. Anyways I have some money in my Amazon account and can buy a digital Apple gift card.

I am wondering if I can buy this Apple gift card, add it to my Apple Pay/Cash on my phone and just transfer it to my bank account?

To those wondering, I can't just transfer from my savings to checking, as there is no savings in this account, as I strictly use this to fund my stock accounts or get a ROI, if there is one to be had, and the dividends go here. My other bank account is set-up for direct deposit for work, IRA or whatever it is, and all that complicated stuff I don't really understand, but probably should at my age (33). Thanks for the help.

In a word, no.

1618313389901.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.