Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taofkebxo

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
If car keys were to tap or hit my iPhone screen would it crack the screen since iPhone screens are easily cracked, and would I easily and definitely notice it if there was any cracks?

Hadron

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
Keys are relatively soft. You should worry about grit in the pocket instead (silicate crystals in household grit are a lot harder than keys, and quite capable of scratching Corning's glass or anyone else's).

Cracks are different from scratches, and of course a crack would be noticable. But it does require some force to crack a screen: a key simply coming in contact with the screen in a pocket won't crack it, but if you hit it hard enough with the key, of course it will.

Zazoh

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I don’t use a case or screen protector. The iPhone goes in front left pocket only. And yes, after laundry I dump out lint and dirt from that pocket. If you throw iPhone or iPad in purse with everything else, it’s gonna get scratched.

Taofkebxo

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
If I was walking close to someone and they had their keys in their hand or dangling on their belt and the keys was to hit or touch my iPhone screen would it crack the screen and would I easily and definitely notice any cracks in the screen glass?

alanderp

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
OP,

All of your posts have been based on anxiety triggering OCD events. Are you under the care of a doctor for these types of things or are you just letting your imagination run wild and get the best of you?

Try and focus your mind on something besides your phone.
This made my day

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Unlikely. This thread was double posted but you're going to end up with the same responses in either thread. Don't worry too much about it. Life will progress as it does.

Reactions: Taofkebxo

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
OP,

All of your posts have been based on anxiety triggering OCD events. Are you under the care of a doctor for these types of things or are you just letting your imagination run wild and get the best of you?

As somebody who has severe OCD and anxiety they don’t seem like they are in a good place. Should be looking at webmd instead of macrumors

Also if they are experiencing ocd and anxiety:

Its fine. There might be a slight scratch that’s unnoticeable. Take a deep breath.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
If I was walking close to someone and they had their keys in their hand or dangling on their belt and the keys was to hit or touch my iPhone screen would it crack the screen and would I easily and definitely notice any cracks in the screen glass?

The screen will likely shatter and you’ll get severely wounded. Also, the other person would explode. The resulting blood will cause liquid damage to all smartphones in a square mile.

Keys, they’re out to get ya.

Reactions: Taofkebxo

Taofkebxo

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
OP,

I do see a psychiatrist, yes. But I've heard from many people that iPhone screens are easily cracked.

Taofkebxo

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
The screen will likely shatter and you’ll get severely wounded. Also, the other person would explode. The resulting blood will cause liquid damage to all smartphones in a square mile.

Keys, they’re out to get ya.
Really?

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
are you asking for a "friend"? ?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
But I've heard from many people that iPhone screens are easily cracked.

Not at all. Just put on a Belkin Invisiglass screen protector and a drop face down onto gravel rocks might break the invisiglass, but probably not the screen. [I've done that.}

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
no It won’t crack your screen. seems Like you are worrying about scratches not cracks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.