Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiggs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
So Michael Dell has announced that he will return to lead Dell along the road to recovery. I can’t help but draw comparisons to another well known computer company founder who returned to lead the company he had founded out of some tough times. Dell stock jumps to $23.52.

Since returning to Apple in the late 1990’s, I think everyone would agree that Steve Jobs has done a great job. Here is my tongue-in-cheek look at how Michael Dell might proceed if he followed the Steve Jobs game plan with a Dell twist…

August 15, 2007… Dell releases the iDell Turbo. (Idle???) It’s an all in one tribute to the original Dell computer shipped in 1985 (called the Dell Turbo at the time.) Apparently taking the retro theme a little too far, the iDell ships with an Intel 8088 processor running at 8 Megahertz, 256K Ram, two floppy drives, a monochrome monitor, and a “U of Dell” sweatshirt designed to pay tribute to Dell’s roots (having been founded in Michael Dell’s university dorm room.) The $1,985 computer (available in light beige, dark beige, and Microsoft Zune brown) fails to capture the attention of the computer buying public resulting in thousands being dumped into a New Mexico landfill. Dell stock hovers in the $17 range.

Full article at...

http://torants.blogspot.com/2007/02/if-michael-dell-copies-steve-jobs.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.