Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Are they still shipping with 1.0 firmware on, or are they shipping with the new, nasty 1.1 version?

A friend may be able to get one for me while over there, but I'm not sure how long the new firmware will take to crack...

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
Are they still shipping with 1.0 firmware on, or are they shipping with the new, nasty 1.1 version?

A friend may be able to get one for me while over there, but I'm not sure how long the new firmware will take to crack...

Hopefully someone will be able to answer this for you, but the Loaner I just got from AppleCare is a 1.1.1 firmware updated iPhone.

divabimbers

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
Seems to be the luck of the draw at this point but I'm sure a month later, people won't be as lucky to find one with the 1.0.2 firmware. I bought mine today and got it with the 1.0.2 firmware. Although there are some things I'd like in 1.1.1, like the double tapping spacebar and iTunes, I'm glad this will give me a chance to try out some third party apps.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Seems to be the luck of the draw at this point but I'm sure a month later, people won't be as lucky to find one with the 1.0.2 firmware. I bought mine today and got it with the 1.0.2 firmware. Although there are some things I'd like in 1.1.1, like the double tapping spacebar and iTunes, I'm glad this will give me a chance to try out some third party apps.

Do we reckon it's worth a shot? I'd be saving $275 compared to buying a pre-unlocked one here (it's AU$475 vs AU$750 on Ebay Oz).

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Not sure if you can read this thread but its "Post Serial ID and FW" for iPhones currently being purchased from local Apple Stores as well as the online store.

I looked at my online invoice and the serial stated I had a week 38 so I feel that I'm in luck but will confirm once I get it today.

Takufu

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
Just exchanged one yesterday and got the 1.1.0.2

I just exchanged my phone yesterday because of a battery issue...got one without the update on it....it was great!!!!....they seem to have a few at the Apple store I went to....:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.