Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
I have a device I want to sell that has AppleCare+ on it that's paid monthly through iTunes. I don't want to continue to pay monthly for a device I no longer own after it's sold, but being able to sell the device with "AC+" available to the new purchaser would be a very good thing.

If I cancel the AppleCare+ via iTunes when I sell the device, will Apple allow the new purchaser to buy AppleCare+ again within the 30 days (or whatever it is) following cancellation? Or is it just once canceled, it's gone forever?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
No. However, it can stay in your name on the device and it will be covered. I know that probably doesn’t help a lot, but I have sold devices on here and let the buyer pay me for ‘x’ amount of months’ worth of Applecare If they wanted it.

Now, it has been a couple years since I talked with Apple about this, and I’m not sure if it would be different within the initial period of being able to add AC+, but I know you can’t transfer this the same way as the one you pay for in advance.

Reactions: WolfSnap
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.