Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have an iPP pro 11", and just ordered a mini 5 (been wanting one for months). I don't think I'll do much in the way of writing on it - that's not my main plan for its use. However, I am wondering if I should just have the Logitech crayon that I could use on both devices instead of the Pencil 2.

I'm not really interested in having 2 pencils, so I'd either just have my pencil 2 for my iPP and basically just not do any writing on the mini 5, OR I'd have the Logitech for writing on both.

I just don't know if I should give up a really good writing experience on my iPP to have a more mediocre experience on both devices.

WWYD?

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
I have the same set-up as you. I have the Apple Pencil 2 and don't use the Mini as an input device. I'd love to get rid of the Mini, but it's just such a perfect size for use in bed. The iPad Pro is surprisingly heavy, but I value the bigger screen for writing on.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have the same set-up as you. I have the Apple Pencil 2 and don't use the Mini as an input device. I'd love to get rid of the Mini, but it's just such a perfect size for use in bed. The iPad Pro is surprisingly heavy, but I value the bigger screen for writing on.

LOL and I'm just getting a mini for that very reason; phone not big enough for reading - iPP too big

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
The Logitech one has all the functionality as Apple Pencil except for pressure sensitivity and battery is not as good.

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
I dont think i need one
I tried a Galaxy Note 10+ for writting with pencil, similar to write with true pencil LOL
Apple Pencil targets toward ''artist''
My drawing skill isn't better than a 5 years old lol
What i will expect from a Pencil on iPad?
A lot of features such as:
- Air gestures, i would love to swipe/close/open app with these
- Mouse functionality, for me, Pencil could be a formidable and precise mouse but Apple needs to allow more features for mouse stuff on iPad

Last edited:

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
My plan is to pretty much stick with my iPP 11” as my writing device, but I DO have access to a Logitech pencil, so I probably need to try it and see what I think.

Reactions: kazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.