Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
I know this is a tall order but.....

I'd be *most* appreciative if anyone would be willing to run a little experiment for me. Honestly, the only thing you would probably get out of it would be my appreciation and the knowledge that you helped someone out. I'd even be willing to throw a little something in. :)

So, I'm looking for someone to load 2 demos and see if they are playable at a decent frame rate. The games (demos) are Call of Duty 4 and Unreal 3. If you are interested, I can send you dl links. Of course, the games could immediately be trashed and your system would never even know they were there.

If the demos are indeed highly playable, I will be at the Apple Store the next day to pick up my 24" iMac. :)

Atheist_Peace

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2004

I'd be *most* appreciative if anyone would be willing to run a little experiment for me. Honestly, the only thing you would probably get out of it would be my appreciation and the knowledge that you helped someone out. I'd even be willing to throw a little something in. :)

So, I'm looking for someone to load 2 demos and see if they are playable at a decent frame rate. The games (demos) are Call of Duty 4 and Unreal 3. If you are interested, I can send you dl links. Of course, the games could immediately be trashed and your system would never even know they were there.

If the demos are indeed highly playable, I will be at the Apple Store the next day to pick up my 24" iMac. :)

Well, I know a good way for you to judge that yourself. There are a couple of videos on YouTube of a guy playing those 2 games (as well as Bioshock i think) on the 24" new iMac (although he doesnt specify if its either the 2.4 or 2.8 ghz machine) at a 1900x1200 resolution with most details on High (or so he says). Just look for "unreal tournament 3 imac 24" and "call of duty 4 imac 24" on youtube :)

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga

I'll do it provided you pic me up a few things from there too... Here's my list:

iPod Nano (Red one)
Airport Extreme (grab one 2 boxes back I don't like the first one shown since it's manhandled often)
ummmm, ohh a Macbook (black one cuz black is da coolest)
ohh a Cinema display, heck if your buying any size will do.

HAHA J/k

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.