Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
The release date is today. It's been in the works for a while now.

Most stores probably won't have it till tomorrow.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Nah, 360s only break once a year. :eek:

My friend's nephews are huge MK fans. They would bounce all over the place while playing the XBox version, so I imagine they'll be even more rambunctious while playing the Wii version when it's released.

<]=)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I haven't enjoyed a Mortal Kombat since MK3 on the Mega Drive. But I might look into this to see if much has changed since the first batch of 3D MK's.

ivansf

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
I love MK on my Wii.. the wii controls works really well, also the kart mini game is amazing played with friends but i just created a custom fighter and i dont know what to do with him, how do i play him?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Isn't this just the 12 month old PS2 game with Wii-remote KONTROL (see what I did there ;) ) hacked on.

Hated EVERY 3D MK game - the last few ones were painful to play.

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
I played MK Wii with a friend and I have to say... we really couldn't get the motion controls to work half the time. It's a great idea on paper to have special moves executed through movements, but I think the program has a difficult time deciphering between a half circle and a line. Maybe it was us...who knows, but it was mostly us waving our hands in the air trying to do special attacks. Plus, the D-pad is used for Kicking and Punching and it's not very comfortable to reach all the way up there.

Luckily, the Classic and the Gamecube controllers are compatible.

So in all: I think a fighting game made specifically for Wii could definitely work. Unfortunately in this case, the control scheme feels very "ported" and not natural.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Luckily, the Classic and the Gamecube controllers are compatible.

Jolly good. I've been wanting to use my CC in a Wii game for a while :D and I too would like Mario Kart Wii :eek: it would have to be better than Mario Kart DS. Which is going to be a feat in itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.