Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Sorry, I used the iOS tag here because there wasn't an "Other" option. I want to make a FreeBSD Apple Music client.
I see. I don't believe you need to be a paid developer, but I don't have an authoritative source on that I'm afraid. But I believe it will require the users of your client to log in and they need to subscribe to Apple Music and then that's the win on Apple's side, not the API usage you may have.
There is a Linux snap based Apple Music client, though I believe that just basically wraps a web view for music.apple.com

If anyone else knows for certain, please add to this thread; I don't think you need to be a paid developer but am not certain, so a more definitive answer is welcome

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I see. I don't believe you need to be a paid developer, but I don't have an authoritative source on that I'm afraid. But I believe it will require the users of your client to log in and they need to subscribe to Apple Music and then that's the win on Apple's side, not the API usage you may have.
There is a Linux snap based Apple Music client, though I believe that just basically wraps a web view for music.apple.com

If anyone else knows for certain, please add to this thread; I don't think you need to be a paid developer but am not certain, so a more definitive answer is welcome
Thank you. I might as well pay up, as I want to make an iOS at some point anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.