Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
For me it would be the Macintosh Performa 630CD I wanted this computer soo bad but couldn't get it at the time.

Reactions: dmccloud

za9ra22

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
For me it would be the Macintosh Performa 630CD I wanted this computer soo bad but couldn't get it at the time.
I have a 630CD - it's in use most days. One of the great forgotten Macs in my opinion.

But I did get a new/unopened Mac a year back - a PowerBook 5300cs. Still sealed up, and even the battery still had its seals in place. I always wanted one, and got a used 5300cs just before it, but the new one was pristine and, of course, never touched.

Reactions: Arcade

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I know I am late to the party... Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh, delivered in a limousine by a man in a tuxedo and white gloves unpacking and setting it up. (This was an option back then at $10k)
Whereas today you just get a Mac Pro on wheels.

Reactions: Spock

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
This. 20th Anniversary Mac. I wanted so bad but it was close to 10K! I have one in Mint Condition. I bought it from a company that sold Mac way back called "MacWarehouse" we had an account with them. When Apple announced massive discount to move them I got the call from my Rep and said do you want...OF COURSE! LOL

Attachments

• 20th Anniversary Glamour Shot Full Size.png
    20th Anniversary Glamour Shot Full Size.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I know this is a somewhat old thread, but it's a terrific question, so here I am.

I'd love to be able to re-live the time I opened my PowerBook 2400c, which I bought from a vendor at MacWorld Tokyo. So finding an unopened one today would be a blast.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I still have my old Apple IIGS, but I would like to get a few older Macs. I used to own both a Powerbook 145b and a Performa 630CD (the latter I got from a bank repossession for around $500 at the time) so I would love to get a hold of those again. I did get an iBook G3 around a year ago for under $50, and it surprisingly works and still holds a charge. For purely aesthetic purposes, I would also love to come across a Twentieth Anniversary Mac and a tangerine iMac G3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.