Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
Haptic alarm. This is pretty much THE main reason for me wearing the Apple Watch, as well as the crash detection with emergency calling. I am one of those light sleepers and my whole life I’ve ALWAYS woke up before the alarm because I can’t stand the sound of it suddenly waking me. This also means many nights I’ll wake up multiple times because my body is trying to beat the alarm. With the haptic alarm, it’s been a true godsend and helped me sleep better at night than I have in years. I can sleep and simply be woken up with gentle pulses instead of loud music or alarm. Secondly, I love riding motorcycles and often times I’m out in areas where it’s so sparse with people or land that if something happened to me, it literally could be days or longer before someone found me. The watch offers some peace of mind that god forbid something happened that help would be on the way.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Haptic alarm. This is pretty much THE main reason for me wearing the Apple Watch, as well as the crash detection with emergency calling. I am one of those light sleepers and my whole life I’ve ALWAYS woke up before the alarm because I can’t stand the sound of it suddenly waking me. This also means many nights I’ll wake up multiple times because my body is trying to beat the alarm. With the haptic alarm, it’s been a true godsend and helped me sleep better at night than I have in years. I can sleep and simply be woken up with gentle pulses instead of loud music or alarm. Secondly, I love riding motorcycles and often times I’m out in areas where it’s so sparse with people or land that if something happened to me, it literally could be days or longer before someone found me. The watch offers some peace of mind that god forbid something happened that help would be on the way.
They should allow a silenced alarm, without having to put the entire watch in silent mode.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
For me, I miss the health and fitness features most. Oura ring gets me some of the way there, but definitely not all the way.
Exercise monitoring is the biggest. Few times I have gone to workout and forgot to charge my watch it was hard to exercise with out it. I give my doctor a report with my exercise , heart rate and Bp. The BP I hand enter. I have high BP and low pulse.

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
I love having the Home app on the Watch. I use Home outlets for my lights so I can do "Lights Out" without getting out of bed.

Having Siri for setting reminders and alarms is also convenient.

Sunset Cassette

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2021
Canada
Without out a doubt the feature I'd miss the most is the ability to have a silent, haptic alarm to wake me up in the morning. I've been utilizing this since day one of owning an Apple Watch.

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
I did stop wearing my SE2 in january and went back to a regular Casio. The number one thing I miss is seeing the currenty temperature funnily enough!
I don't see myself going back to wearing my apple watch anytime soon but I also really liked the haptic feedback you'd get when following directions, and the Geocaching app I use has great aw support.

Reactions: rumbletum

okieoutwest

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2019
In order of usage:
1. OTP complication
2. Checking the time
3. Setting timers
4. Apple Pay
5. Transit card NFC

In order of “must have”:
1. OTP complication
2. Transit card NFC
3. Apple Pay

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I actually did stop wearing my Apple Watch a week ago - as part of my Digital Detox Program.

After having used it since Sept. 2022, mainly as an Activity Tracker, I obviously thought I would miss that aspect - if it weren't for the fact that I didn't trust the accuracy of its data anymore.
I also had my wake-up alarm on my Watch, but that was for safety - my biological clock works well. Just need to pay attention now, not to fall asleep again.
Finally, I used it as a timer for short power training workouts. Well, I'll have to count my moves instead - not too big of a problem.

So for now, I'm glad to say I don't miss anything.
Except the daily charging of that thing - but that's a miss for the better :D

Reactions: rumbletum

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
What I would miss the most, listed in order. I wear an AWU2.

Notifications .... Not having to take my phone out of my pocket to see notifications.

Music Player (Without iPhone) .... When I take my regular jog.

Checking the time (with AOD) .... with AOD I can discreetly glance at my wrist from any position without lifting my wrist.

Timers .... I'm a frequent user of timers, using Siri to set a timer on my AW is much easier and productive.

Receiving Calls (with or without iPhone). Works very well. I find myself just answering on my AW more frequently than I thought I would.

Apple Pay .... I like using it on the AW more than the iPhone.

Messages .... Use it a lot for quick replies.

Authy App .... Easier to access.

One thing I wish for is Siri being able to make a notes from the AW.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
I would actually say just Calls, the ability to look at who is calling on my watch without having to pick up my phone or get it out of my pocket in meetings etc.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Only really use it for distance and streaming radio when I walk my dog, everything else it offers I could go without.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.